Warnings and Disclaimers


Our magnets are the strongest known and are made up primarily of the rare earth metal Neodymium with the some of Iron and Boron.

These magnet separators are compliant with the European Parliament Directive "Restrictions on the use of Hazardous Substances" (RoHS) and are not considered to be hazardous.

Our magnets are not effected by US Conflict Minerals Law as set forth in section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.

The neodymium magnets are extremely strong, and must be handled with care to avoid personal injury and damage to the magnets. Fingers and other body parts can get severely pinched between two attracting magnets. Neodymium magnets are brittle, and can peel, crack or shatter if allowed to slam together. Eye protection should be worn when handling these magnets, because shattering magnets can launch pieces at great speeds.

The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can also damage magnetic media such as floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic I.D. cards, cassette tapes, video tapes or other such devices. They can also damage televisions, VCRs, computer monitors and other CRT displays. Never place neodymium magnets near electronic appliances.

Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets.  Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.

Never allow neodymium magnets near a person with a pacemaker or similar medical aid. The strong magnetic fields of the magnet can affect the operation of such devices.

Neodymium magnets are brittle and prone to chipping and cracking.

Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175°F (80°C).

Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.

 

 


© Reflex Industries INC